Membership at New Canaan Nature Center
At the New Canaan Nature Center, we strive to create a deeper understanding and appreciation for the natural world through enjoyable and active hands-on learning. Not only does your membership demonstrate your commitment to our mission of environmental education, but it also provides valuable operating support needed to sustain this vibrant community treasure. Your membership dollars help us to:
- Keep our grounds and trails open admission free, 365 days a year.
- Feed and care for our teaching collection of 40+ animals.
- Maintain our gardens and trails through the seasons.
- Offer affordable community programs for people of all ages and interests.
Please join today to support our mission and begin taking advantage of all the benefits of membership.
Join Online Today!
- $35 Individual [Basic Membership Benefits]
- FREE use of seasonal "Nature Activity Packs" on the property for birding, pond exploration, scavenger hunts, bug collection/ID, kiting and more
- FREE participation in soil testing and evaluation program (members can download a form and instructions for soil sample collection here).
- Discounts on adult and youth & family programs
- 10% discount in the Nature Shop in the Visitor's Center and at the Stamford EMS store (regularly priced merchandise only)
- Opportunity to rent NCNC facilities and outdoor spaces for events (based on availability)
- Invitations to members-only events such as outdoor concerts, picnics, and Summer and Winter Solstice events.
- $65 Family [Basic Membership Benefits +]
- Eligibility to register for Nature Adventure Birthday Parties, Summer Camp and NCNC Preschool Programs.
- Members-only access to the Fall Fair at 9am (family member & above)
- $100 Supporter [Family Membership Benefits +]
- Receive a special NCNC gift.
- $250 Sustainer [Supporter Membership Benefits +]
- Inclusion in our annual community "thank you" ad.
- $500 Benefactor [Sustainer Membership Benefits +]
- Invitation to annual donor events and receptions.
Become a Member
Select the membership level that's right for you and chose from three easy ways to sign up:
- Online: Click on a membership level above to register online.
- Phone: Call (203) 966-9577 x 50 to register by phone.
- Mail or Fax: Download a form here to mail or fax your registration.
Join now and, along with your eco-membership card, we'll send you a "Green Home" checklist with information and reminders of how you can create a safe and healthy environment in your home. We'll also keep you informed of other seasonal membership benefits throughout the year.
In our continued effort to make the Nature Center a more utilized and cherished part of the community, we welcome your ideas, comments and feedback. Please email the Membership Department.